Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Death Of A Bastard

bruised by love
battered by breakups
i was down and out
never to get up

then i found an inner strength
by killing my consciece
i stood up on my feet
pulverizing my oldself

a bastard came into being
selfish in its own right
not giving a damn
nor showing any mercy

it felt wierd at first
but soon it became second nature
and i embraced
not being accountable

at a time when i least expected
in a place i hardly spent time
you came into my life
when i was betting for disaster

so the fightback began
to regain my lost soul
my heart yearned to break free
from the chains i've put on

now i stand here with hope
which you've inflicted upon
you gave me the weaponary
in the form of love, compassion

i made the most of it
to rid what was not me
so here i am celebrating
the death of the bastard

No comments: