Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life After You

everyone wants to fall in love
it's not a cliche
just the truth
that we sometimes look away

i was one of them
who looked away
but you changed all that
turned me into a lover

then it all fell to the ground
like a house of cards
love has left me
though i still yearn for companionship

and i found that in someone else
it was not love
but moments of sensuality
which was enough to get me through

here i am now with a stranger
whom i hardly know
love never crosses our mind
yet our bodies constantly collide

she keeps me busy
through these dark times
but when i let my mind wander
it always finds you

1 comment:

Little Miss Tam Jay said...

'she keeps me busy'
god dont i know that feeling...
any distraction welcomed but the real deal haunts you... well said. Love the poem Mr.Woozy